Rocio Maldonado, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Authentic Student Portrait
I was the first to go to college out of my, out of all my
sisters and my brother, so I liked it here because it was small
and I knew it was going to be ok. I wasn't going to get lost,
I was going to
learn everything quick here and
I really needed to do that so that I could pass that on to
my other siblings.
I'm studying accounting right now.
I chose that because I took an accounting class in high school,
and I loved it, I loved everything about it, the
whole concept of it,
the technology, how it
shapes everybody's life and everything.
I really enjoyed the classes when I started on my accounting classes
<br><br>
because the professors that I had, especially one of my professors,
Miss Virginia Fullwood,
she was always interacting with us and helping us out and she made everything
that we were learning
connect to what's really happening in the world right now. In the IFRS, which
is the International Financial Reporting Standards,
that's what they're beginning to do right now, what they're expecting new
accountants to know when they come out of college.
So I thought it was really interesting
that she showed us about that and how it
pertained to everyday business.
Other accountants that have been out, don't
have all the knowledge for that
because it's news so i really liked that
she was integrating that into the class already.
At first it was pretty scary that I came from a different country
because it was totally different,
but now that I'm in school, and now that I'm studying business,
I actually think it works to my advantage
because I know the culture
and I think that's very important because
you want to be respectful to people, you want to know
how they interact with each other
because you need to know that in order to do good business
Texas A&M University - Commerce, Lion Card 2012
What is a Lion Card?
It's the campus I.D. for students,
faculty, and staff.
Get your I.D. at the Mane Card Office located on the first floor the
Sam Rayburn Student Center.
Your lion card provides access to campus
services and activities, including
all campus food services,
your residence hall, books, studying,
and copies at the library,
Fun and fitness at the Rec center,
student activities, and events on campus.
<br><br>
Your lion card works like a debit card.
Use it for vending machines,
school supplies, and university apparel at the bookstore,
copies at the print lab.
You can deposit money on your lion card in three ways:
online at tamuc.edu/lioncard,
the account management center which is
the self serve walk-up that accepts cash and
credit card transactions,
the main card office which accepts cash,
debit/credit cards, and checks.
Your lion card will serve you well if you follow these important rules.
You can have only one card in use at a time.
Don't lose it.
Five dollars for your first card.
It's ten dollars for each replacement.
Report you're missing or stolen lion
card immediately.
Contact (903)468-6022 .
For questions, contact the Mane Card Office
at (903)468-6022.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.