Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Austin: Home to Internship Opportunities — St. Edward’s University - St. Edward's University Campus Tour

Austin: Home to Internship Opportunities â€" St. Edward’s University




St. Edward's being in Austin actually
right in the heart
of Austin is a really exciting
opportunity for our students who can do
internships
at a lot of really great organizations
and companies either those that have been
founded here or those that have relocated
because of the Austin location and
things are pretty significant companies
like
Apple Wardell Whole Foods National
Instruments
Facebook all have presence here you know
austin's one of the top cities for the
next ten years
in growth and in job opportunities so I
think that's all really important and it
plays into
really selling Austin for for your
education in choosing your University
I will buy into this keep Austin weird
mantra I mean
we have so many small businesses so many
unique
organizations and non-profits if you can't find
something that you're looking for in
terms of an experience here
you're probably not looking hard enough
as a poli sci major I think
you obviously want to be in the state
capital we have routinely the president
flying down here
on different dignitaries stopping by and
visiting at the LBJ Library
I mean you have all these great
resources in one central area
my education was the basis but there's
so much more to learn from the
experience that I have in an
internship and interacting with people
now I feel like I can go out in the
world and
apply for jobs, I can do the task
they ask me to
for me this internship is really
providing clarity because I think I had
this abstract notion of I wanna go into
government
I want to help people and actually being
able to get your hands on experience
it's something else into me finally put
kind of a human face to this abstract
notion
we hear time and time again from
employers that our students are cut
above
and if they could hire more of them
they certainly would being able to
establish yourself within the community
and within that corporate setting and
really understanding where Austin's going
growth-wise, career-wise
you know for the next 10 years its going to only
prosper
there's everything in Austin and interns
should definitely
take that opportunity especially if they're
thinking about relocating after
graduation
get that skill set here while you can work on a
big project in a small shop
<br><br>
if you're looking for a place to go to
school the institution's very important but
also the location
of that institution is important we're
really fortunate that St. Edward's to be
in the heart
Austin which is one of the most dynamic
cities in the country





St. Edward's University Campus Tour



<br><br>

The best place to start a tour at St. Edward's University
is at the historic red doors of main building.
This is one of my favorite spots on campus
from here you have an amazing view of
downtown Austin Texas
one of the coolest cities in America. Ever since stepping foot here on campus I've been
blown away
with how beautiful St. Edward's is and the sense of community. It's really a little
oasis right here in Austin.
There's always students outside doing homework or eating lunch together before
classes
and it's definitely home away from home
their students from all over the world
here.
There are so many beautiful gardens and
spaces around campus to just hang out
or to catch some quiet time, like the Sorin Oak, Ragsdale Plaza or the areas around
the campus chapel. Ragsdale is the ultimate students' center.
Students are passing through this
building several times a day, you can grab
lunch or dinner
in the dining hall, one of the three on
campus or you can grab a coffee in the
coffee shop between classes. You can also utilize the 24 hour computer lab
and be sure to check out Student Life where you can learn about all the clubs and organizations that
we have here at St. Edward's.
Classrooms at St. Edward's have the latest technology. They're small and
they're perfect for teaming up on
challenging assignments
it's a perfect learning environment for
students and professors to get to know
each other
The newest phase of our center has 13
classrooms and advanced computer and math
labs
it opened in fall 2013 and so did our new
state-of-the-art library. Living on
campus puts you close to everything happening
on the hilltop
and it's easy to connect with new
friends. Rooms are spacious and
comfortable
and come with everything that you need it's
really easy to feel at home here.
Outside or indoors there's a lot of ways
to stay active on campus.
You can work out in the fitness center, or go for a swim there are exercise classes like
Yoga
Bootcamp, and Zumba and plenty of Intramural sports too.
Come experience campus for yourself
visit St. Edward's and take a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.