Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bridge Builders - Texas A

Bridge Builders - Texas A&M University - Commerce




Faculty and staff that invest in the future of our great university hold the
distinction of bridge builder.
I'm a bridge builder because I want to
help build the future of A&M Commerce.
I'm a bridge builder
because giving to the university is not an expense, it's an investment.

I'm a bridge builder because I know the money that I donate
will help this university build into a great place.
I'm a bridge builder because giving back, even in a small way, truly makes a big difference.

I'm a bridge builder because I owe a debt that can never been repaid.
I'm a bridge builder because I want to help
other first-generation students pursue
to dream of a college degree.
I'm a bridge builder because I want to help graduate students further their education.

I'm a bridge builder because I see firsthand and everyday the power of
education to transform lives.
<br><br>
It's more important than ever
that we give our students the tools and the
resources they need to create better
futures for themselves, their families, and
their communities.
I urge you to become a bridge builder today.



Texas A&M Working to Ensure Equal Paths To Education




Was I prepared when I came to university after
high school? I do not think so. Because just
the kind of information that some of the other
students and my other peers received was so
much more vast in some of these subjects.
Since I'm an engineer, their physics and their
math knowledge, to me, was ridiculous. I thought
they were geniuses.
Hector represented a demographic reality in
the state of Texas. More Latino students are
attending and are enrolling in higher education.
However, some of these Latino students are
under prepared to be successful in higher
education. Here at Texas A&amp;M, we're conducting
research that focuses on the barriers and
challenges that these students face and what
can institutions do to not only ensure that
they enroll more Latino students, but ensure
that they complete a degree in higher education.
Playing the catchup game, studying, and trying
to keep up. I'll get a B or a C, or I might
even fail a class. I definitely have failed
a couple of classes in the beginning because
I wasn't used to that kind of pace.
The Texas education consortium for male student
success, this is a historic program. Specifically,
what we're trying to do is focus on what are
two year and four year institutions in the
sixth largest metropolitan area of the state
of Texas, what are these institutions doing
to not only increase access to higher education
for African American and Latino males, but
also increase the degree completion. The argument
has gone beyond just trying to just gain access.
We need to make sure that these young men
earn a higher education credential.
<br><br>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.